Easy way to test a connection to an OLEDB data source.
- Save an empty file to desktop with a UDL extension.
- Double-click to open and use the Data Link tool to test connectivity to the required source using the choice of providers.
Used this tool when troubleshooting a failed SCCM 1702 install. Logs indicated SQL native client error. Tested connection to SCCM DB using this tool using the server name (worked) and then FQDN (failed). Found a reg key to change this setting. Restarted the SCCM 1702 install and it worked!
- Access the Administration workspace in the SCCM Admin Console.
- Expand Site Configuration.
- Right click on Sites and select Hierarchy Settings.
- In the Hierarchy Settings Properties dialogue ensure the General tab is selected and select Consent to use Pre-Release features radio-button.
- Click OK.
- Still in the Administration workspace expand Updates and Servicing and select Features.
- In the details pane select the required pre-release feature, right-click and select Turn on.
- Acknowledge the warning message by clicking Yes.
The above is based on SCCM CB 1706.