Tried to install an all new SCCM infrastructure using SQL Server 2014 SP1 as the site database platform and after passing the SCCM install prerequisite checks I got an error message stating the version of SQL Server was not supported (SQL Server 2014 SP1).
- Download the fix referenced here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2015/03/30/updated-sc2012-configmgr-sp1-and-sc2012r2-configmgr-support-sql-server-2014.aspx.
- Extract the SCCM 2012 R2 source files from the ISO image if not already done so.
- Extract the two files from the hotfix namely Prereqcore.dll and Setupcore.dll.
- Replace the original files with those from the hotfix.
- Rerun the SCCM setup and the database installs OK.