Got this error when attempting running a scheduled update against my Windows Server 2012 R2 U1 image:
WIM::GetWIMImageCount returned code 0x80004005
- SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 running on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Server 2012 R2 U1 image created using MDT 2013 U1 running on a Server 2012 R2 U1 server.
- SCCM server had WADK 8.1 installed.
- MDT server running WADK 10.
- Installed Windows Management Framework 3.0 (includes Powershell v3 – prerequisite for WADK 10) on the SCCM server.
Updated WADK on the SCCM server to WADK 10.
Scheduled updates then worked OK.
Link to Windows Management Framework 3.0 download:
Link to WADK 10: