Quick reminder on how to get an MDT 2013 environment up-and-running and ready to deploy a basic client or server image.
- Server 2012 R2
- MDT 2013
- WADK 10
- Install the WDS server role – don’t configure it initially.
- Install WADK selecting these components:
- Deployment Tools.
- Instal MDT 2013.
- Create a new Deployment Share.
- Import full set of OS source files – not just an ISO or a WIM.
- Create a basic Task Sequence referencing the imported OS.
- Update the Deployment Share.
- Configure WDS, including adding the boot image generated by MDT.
- Ready to PXE boot and deploy an image.